“Homebrew is a dirty word” :: About 7 “game systems” in play. I’ve played so many. I straight up buy anything pretty, especially minis. Since MoSh is dead easy:
- MothershipRPG 1e – streamlined play, character sheet, suicide missions in small [ahem elderly] ships
- Stars Without Number – generators and maps – tons of materials
- Traveller Classic Black – the premier scifi game – tons of reference materials
- 0-hr asset packs
- I will flavor some locations with a specific ‘lore’ :: Dune-like Great Houses, Lesser Houses, Empire [police-state; imperial troopers; ID chip cards] Either you’re a citizen or a nobody.
- http://www.tradeblanket.com/traveller-alien-mothership-5270ad/ “long ago but not yet happened”