Sometimes talk-therapy can cause you and me to over think everything. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking about some things and move on.
Stop thinking too much.
It’s all right not to know all the answers. Sometimes there is no answer, not going to be any answer, and there never has been an answer. That’s the answer! Just accept it, move on. Next!
Don’t compare your life with others’ you have no idea what their journey is about. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw the others, we would grab ours back as fast as we could.
No one is the reason for your own happiness, except you yourself. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside.
What others think of you is none of your business. It is how much you value yourself and how important you think you are.
Make peace with your past so it does not spoil your present. Your past does not define your future— your actions and beliefs do.
I have never understood the need for SciFi to have:
- Swords – we don’t use them these days, why would we suddenly start?
- Revolvers – with blasters and swords, why is there a need for a firearm that requires oxygen?
- Magic – force, farce – if the plot needs it – taa daaa. We temporarily make our MC a god and then quickly demote him…
I really feel strongly that we can write SciFi, that is – Science Fiction, which will be compelling without resorting to writing a fantasy or western novel. Clarke’s work had no swords, no gods, no guns. His violence was passive – Dave will die if the door stays closed. Seals and filters and constant repair is what really happens. Endless cycles of repair, grease, action, repair.
I find character names seem to mature, ripen or even evolve as I get a story happening… Gu’un (Goo-en), Becca (Bek-ah), Rus (Rustt), Jian (Jee-on), Liam (Lee-am), JJ (Jay Jay Jeremathy)
- (Gu’un) Bad Guy Gun Goons – control freak – Blind To Every Eye He Meets
- Good Guy of three minds about everything
- (5) (Jian/Teller2) Evil by nature – thinks he’s the hero – He’s A Juke Box Hero With Stars In His Eyes
- (4) (Liam/JJ) Evil by error – secretly afraid to succeed emotional – Black Is All I Feel, So This Is How It Feels To Be Free
- (1) (Rus) Love by default – afraid to feel/unreal – Promises In The Dark
- Rebecca – Gurl Of His Dreams – Beta – Bett – You Better You Better You Bet You Better Bet Your Life
When life turns a corner and all you see is that ocean of change ahead.